Tuesday, February 19, 2013

[Food] Big Ben Breakfast

My apology for the lack in blogging. Dont certainly find the mood to do so as things have gone real busy with CNY and Valentines just past plus I dont have anything particular to blog about.



Went out after exercising with my ex uni pal, yes, we do find some time to spend together eventhough she is in the working industry while I am in education. We are still very close despite separated for my entire 3 years of degree and a year of masters. I dont know why, we just clicked.



I know having a heavy meal after exercise is inappropriate. It feels like you have just lost some amount of pounds and gaining it back in a meal, then why exercise? Haha. But hey, they say you should replenish energy lost and plus we eat healthy, so I guess that adds point? Exercise and eat healthy. By the way, we workout just because we know right after that, good food is waiting for us. So our motive is actually food, not shed sweat for a healthy body. LOL



We usually plan the night before where to head for breakfast. For the reason that I cant be random as I am not an expert of the roads in KL, she always came up with better suggestions as she is a KL lad. Antipodean she says is famous for breakfast meals so there we go.



I have heard or even pass through Antipodean, but have not been properly inside for a meal. This place gave me an impression of a panting from its name? Google search antipodean in case you dont know.




#1  Notice how packed it is in the morning? And its already 11am. Located in the heart of KL city, I believe you can hardly find a seat in the morning rush. The interior is not very huge, not to say very cosy also. Ambience wise, okay.



#2  The only menu on a large chalkboard. Reminds me of secondary schooling time. Oh btw, AFTER mean meals available after breakfast (till 11am). And figures on the right represents price I suppose? And tadang, their famous breakfast dish you notice first on their menu, the Eggs Benedict with bacon.




#3  Eggs Benedict. Didnt manage to order this though, as we thought breakfast time is over. After finishing only we realized breakfast is served all day when we saw the next table ordering this. What a disappointment I didnt get to try :(( But anything with bacon definitely is a favorite.



#4  Mein's kiwi lamb/beef burger with bacon. Normal burger but its lamb is cooked in such a way indescribably delicious. Like I said, anything with bacon is love.



#5  Mine lime inspired lamb kebab. This one not so nice. If you prefer those Arabian rice with spices can try this. Saw those spice with raisins? They tasted weird to me, probably because I do not favour spicy sourly dishes.



#6  Antipodean places a strong emphasis of their coffee, their coffee beans came from Indonesia. My hot mochachino  has a strong bitter lingering taste, but lacks the coffee scent i look for. Nonetheless the foaming was perfectly done.



#7  Mein's Vietnam styled coffee. Similar to those I have drank in Vietnam.



Indonesia's famous Kopi Luwak is available here. A great place for breakfast.



Antipodean Cafe Bangsar

Address: No. 20, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur, MY.  
Contact: +603 2282 0411 
Business Hour: Mon – Thu: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
                       Fri – Sat: 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
                       Sun: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm


Antipodean Cafe Tan & Tan

Address: No 207, Menara Tan & Tan, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, MY
Contact: +603 2161 0752
Business Hour: Daily: 7.30am - 9.00 pm




No comments: