Monday, December 17, 2012

[Skincare] Cellnique skincare review+updated routine

Finally a blogpost other than food. Hehe. I am going to talk about my experience with Cellnique team. As this is also my first time having facial treatment, I am afraid I cant compare much but still for those who wanted to try a on a new treatment team or intended on doing research of some skincare brands, hopefully this post could help you guys..


Cellnique cosmeceutical is a leading skincare brand originated from Malaysia and Singapore. The company was created in 1996 as a beauty salon products distributor in Singapore and Malaysia. This product line was branded as Cellnique and since then, Cellnique has  transformed into a fully fledged beauty expert with a wide range of paramedical skin care products and treatment lines. In 2004, Cellnique launched its first flagship beauty salon, CRES Wellness, in Malaysia. CRES Wellness was the only luxury beauty salon that provided personal touch salon experience with no hidden charges. Therefore, please lookout for shop boards that carries the name Cres Wellness Sdn Bhd. Currently growing at 12 outlets in East West Malaysia and Singapore, Cellnique capturing the very essence of women, and helping them to discover beauty, health, and well-being. Visit their site for more info on treatments and products: http://www.cellnique.my/

My first experience with Cellnique started with my eagerness on experiencing a facial treatment. I have heard and is very particular about the brand name as I always confuses with Clinique products available at Watsons and Guardians. However, later I realize they are not the same! Clinique does not have a beauty salon providing treatments. And since Cres Wellness store is available at a distance from my home, so thats how I came up with the decision. I tried out on their Intensive Moisturizing Treatment on my first visit as the treatment is on promotion period for RM 115 instead of the usual RM168. And Lily, the beauty consultant attended to me. Still remember I even ask her did I have to undress because she just placed the bathing suit? on the chair. So embarassing. Meh. 


Before the team did any treatments to you, they will first examine the condition of your skin and give advices on which treatment best suits you. Mind me, thats professional advice. Mine is a combination skin, oily on T-zone. And I have problems of large pores that time. However, I did not see any visible results after the first treatment, other than smaller pores and finer skin. Maybe that needs a little bit of time and continuous persistent visit? We will see. But one thing that captivates me most is the visible clearing of blackheads and whiteheads. No more white and black hairs on nose. Nah and thats what Cellnique is famous for. Clearing whiteheads and blackheads, you will see on one product after reading. Thats also the first product I purchased from them.

Let me first begin with their products. Decided to change my whole skincare regime due to the serious breakouts on my forehead.

Products am going to talk about. Left out the Velvety Veil lotion and purifying mask cause I took this in Seremban home.


So basically I just start with updated skincare regime also lah. The sequence always goes-cleanse-tone-serum-moisturizers-sunblock. So, the first thing just wash my face with cleanser. Cleansing is one of the important step in any regime cause it removes any impurities and dirts from face, we all want a clean face right? Normally at night I will cleanse two times; one with cleansing milk to remove makeup and sunblock residues and another with a normal cleanser. Makeup removal is a must! Most people will neglect this step (lazy mah) but ask any beauty consultant, all will insist on removing makeup. There are a varieties of makeup removers in the market, will blog about it in another separate post. I do not have any particular must have cleanser because I can go with any brand and as long as it cleanses my face properly without drying it, consider okay lah for me. Then the second step-applying toner. Also no particular brand of toner. Do you guys want a separate post on drug store products? Next-serum. Starting with eye serum, I am using Genifique's youth activating eye concentrate/Clarins serum super lift. Then continue with Cellnique's sebum gel.

Their known blackhead and whitehead Skin Action Sebum Gel. (RM159) Frankly speaking, really best product. It claims to clear in 10 pain free days. For those who visit beauty salons frequently, there is an extraction step right? That one was painful. Although able to clear most of the heads, but not all la. Still using the metal thing to pluck on pimples and heads is better to remove all, but this gel can get rid some for you and make them easier to come out during the next extraction. The photo on right shows comparison of the new and old bottle. Same amount of content, I took for fun LOL

The gel is a clear type with some cooling effects. Meant to be applied on T-zone and nose areas where heads are possible. Can help excessive sebum production which indirectly prevents pimples from growing also la. Is it comparable with blemish gel?


 Then, can continue with other serum regimes, be it hydrating, whitening, anti-aging etc. In the morning, I would use Shiseido Brightening Emulsion/Clarins White Plus Whitening Velvet Emulsion. But at night will continue with hydrating serum and moisturizing cream instead of the emulsion. Cause the emulsion contains spf, not recommended for night use.

Intensive hydrating complex. Retails at RM189. high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid and Essential Amino Acids. Helps bind moisture to restore elasticity of the skin, thereby minimizes the appearance of wrinkles. It is a colourless, thick, sticky fluid type. Now, when I mention sticky (eew, I know most of you dont like sticky), but trust me, the fluid absorbs fast into the skin and leaves no sticky feeling after a generous second. 


I dono if you guys can see, its sticky.
D'sensi Calming and Hydrating cream. You will need cream to lock in moisture. It is better than Intensive Hydrating cause this calms sensitive skin besides providing moisture. So price of one for two?

The texture: Rich cream in white milky colour. I prefer to use the word milky gel because it really feels like gel rather than cream. Comfortable, lightweight, fast absorbing and do not feel sticky on skin, leaving a soft and smooth finish.

 Both serums and creams could be used in the day too, because does not contain spf. But since my Shiseido one havent finish so continue use lah.. After that-finish with sunblock (for day) or masque (night).

Total Daytime Protection SPF30. (RM159)With green tea and grape seed extract. Although my Shiseido have SPF 15 already, but 15 is for indoor and if you are travelling outdoor, you will need at least 30. Sunblock is also a must, no matter its raining ot hot outside.

What I love about their sunblock is that it does not leave skin feeling oily after application unlike those sunblocks you apply before swimming. Eg: Coppertone? And it have a pleasent smell too. May bring about a whiter complexion, I suppose all sunblocks did that? Some even have skin color for coverage purposes.
Night routine: Before sleep, apply Intensive Hydrating Overnight Masque. I would normally apply this on alternate days, so that I can wake up with plumper and brightened skin. I personally dont like masques that leave me very sticky to bed cause it might stain my pillow. Although this masque is a lil sticky(very minimal) or you wont find it sticky under air conditioned room, the stickyness is bearable. For those who cant accept of a single feeling of stickyness, can go wash off after leaving for a 3-4 hours.

I am surprised the colour comes out milky white despite it being nude in the case. Will compare it to my Laneige and Neutrogena after testing for a period of time.


Because of the recent breakout on my forehead, I am using something extra-Skin Purifying Masque only on my forehead. You guys can skip this if dont have acne problems.
Skin Purifying Masque. Retails at RM139, it is specially designed for clogged pores, congested or acne prone skin. This masque helps absorb impurities, minimize breakouts and reduce excessive sebum, promoting a clear and healthy complexion.

A thick light green gel with antiseptic, antimicrobial properties to accelerate healing of acne. It may be leaved overnight or wipe off with wet cotton pad and after with dry towel after a few hours. Since it may be a lil dry, Intensive Hydrating Overnight Masque may be used on top of it, provided that it is leaved in for 20 minutes. I have tried this for a couple of days, and indeed my acne bumps have succeeded. Will continue to use it and update you guys.



Their Christmas promotion set, Magical Bliss at RM 248 instead of RM318. The set consists of Intensive Hydrating Overnight Masque retailed at RM139 and D'sensi Calming and Hydrating Cream retailed at RM179. So faster go grab before the offer runs out!

Super love their cover casing. It doubles up as mirror! Simple elegant design.
Finishes off with a body product after shower as the skin absorbs the fastest. Body plush velvety veil. Retails at RM69. But I got it for free during promotion last time when I purchase their treatment. The lotion delivers what it says on its label. It leaves my skin feeling extra smooth and soft. For those who prefer cheaper one, can try Nivea/Vaseline. But if high end, I recommend this loh. Comes with some citrusy smell.

Rating:
Texture:
Smell: ☆ (Four stars because not fragrance free, but generally pleasant smell)
Price: ☆ (Expensive loh, but if can afford, nvm loh)
Effect: Nil (Would have to try out first, will update in a few weeks. For those who are interested, can contact me by mail/fb or leave a comment below also can)



For those who thinks its very dangerous to try new products because I know its expensive also mah, Cellnique provides samples to try out also. After try then only decide wanna purchase or not loh.


Next up: Since this product review is too long, my treatment experience will continue in the next post. 

Thanks for visiting! Remember hit the Like Button! With Love.

17 comments:

Tina said...

hi girl, may i know how to get the samples? because im thinking of using cellnique but im worry it doesn't suit to me

Unknown said...

Hi Tina,

I personally recommend you to get trial sized samples to try on before purchasing the original product. I have purchased the whole bottle before but found out that it does not suit my skin :)

You can go to any Cellnique centres and enquire them about samples. I am sure they are willing to help. ^^

Alex said...

Pretty cool post. It’s really very nice and useful post.Thanks for sharing this with us!it’s my first visit.
Botox Treatments Chicago

Shazia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas Hardy said...

the best treatment for beauty for skin care Thanks for great sharing really this treatment is the best for me and our family. who like and want to get more and more beauty looks skin please take our service and find out the best treatment famous star park shin hye plastic surgery and
hilary duff plastic surgery

Unknown said...

Nice cosmetic products Nice products for beauty and care skin for treatment really i also like this to get more attraction skin. however i want to say that wen are providing the best quality plastic surgery treatment for like hilary duff plastic surgery women and men if any one can get this service please visit the site and take our best service thanks for visiting park shin hye plastic surgery

Helpadya said...

Hey your blog is very nice, such useful information you are sharing. I really like your blog the information is very accurate and if you want to know more about free ad posting service,www.helpadya.com there is another website with best information.

bathroomoutlet said...

The best treatment for beauty for skin care Thanks for great sharing really this treatment is the best for me and our family. who like and want to get more and more beauty looks skin please take our service and find out the best treatment famous starBathroom Accessories Perth

The Bathroom Outlet said...

Nice cosmetic products Nice products for beauty and care skin for treatment really i also like this to get more attraction skin. Vanities Perth

Creative Article Publishers said...

If you want to buy cheaper quality products must visit the nearby local store located at 97 Hector St West, Osborne Park, Perth, WA 6207. for further details about high-quality product properties and prices of The Bathroom Outlet to get all latest info. must visit through direct link: https://www.thebathroomoutlet.com.au

Unknown said...

The Basins Perth began forming in the Late

Permian during the breakup of Gondwana, as the Australian continental plate began rifting away from

the African and Indian continental plates.

TriDerma said...

Thanks for sharing such nice information.

Dry Rough Skin
Foot Repair Cream
Pain Relief Cream
Diabetic Cream

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gogoogle said...

hello viewers,
we know this cosmetic product is huge to the user all over the world. mainly must use film star hub we looking this.

M.A.Awan said...

Hey,
You have written a great piece of content... It is amazing to read.
Let me tell you i have written a piece of content on Buyersjungle.
Im sure it will help you

Anaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.